As you all know, tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, otherwise known as National Singles Awareness Day. And if you are not as in loooove as everyone around you seems to be, you are more like me: unbelievably single.
That is why not only did I want to give you ideas for V-day gifts, but also to have a good (or bad, not sure how to phrase this) anti-Valentne’s Day.
May it be an anti-V-day party with friends or binge-watching netflix with a tube of cookie dough, as I will be doing, we’re all entitled to hating on the happy couples for this one day.
You’re in love, we get it. And we’re all happy for you, but there is no need to rub it in, which is why I will stay cooped up in my room wearing pajamas and making these crafts in honor of my single state.
This one requires a little more effort than most of my other crafts, but it’s worth it!
Pipe Cleaners (doesn’t matter the color, you’re covering it anyway!)
Embroidery Floss (or just colored string)
Hot glue (highly recommend, but not necessary)
Needle (only for relieving anger once doll is complete)
1. Skeleton: Fold a pipe cleaner in half, and hot glue middle into the wooden bead
2. Body: Bend pipe cleaners about an inch away from head to make arms, then back to the middle. Then bend remaining length in half for the legs-it basically makes a star shape. If your pipe cleaners are very fuzzy, you may need to trim them
3. Mummy: Tie the end of your yarn around the doll’s waist, then start wrapping! You want to wrap the entire body, including the head. If the yarn keeps slipping, feel free to use some glue (you will definitely need some hot glue on the bead)
It’s ok if a little pipe cleaner sticks out around the hands and feet
* If you like the mummy look, feel free to stop now, but I recommend you keep going!
4. Clothes: Next you will wrap the body in the colored embroidery floss. I would recommend starting by tying the end to the doll. You can use different colors to give the doll a shirt and pants. Again, feel free to use glue (especially on the hands and feet).
I would also suggest spreading some school glue over the back of the doll to really keep the string in place.
5. Personalize: This is where you can really have some fun. You can glue on googley eyes, buttons, felt pieces, or even a picture of your ex!
6. Stab away (but only the doll!)
These are great for party favors or just to spread all that ‘looove’ you’re feeling on this special day.
lollipops (the flat ones work the best)
paper (colored is better -probably not red or pink)
1. Cut the paper so when you fold it over, it covers the entire head of the lollipop. It can be different depending on the size lollipops you have, but mine is 4 inches
2. Write your message on both sides of the paper. Make sure you right them in different directions, so when you fold it, the message can be read from both sides
ideas: “You Suck.” “Sucker.” “Suck it.”
3. Fold the paper over the head of the lollipop, and staple it around the edges
4. Spread the Anti-Valentine’s Day spirit!
Those are just a couple ideas I had to share my loving spirit of this day. I hope all of you have a better V-Day than those annoyingly happy couples! Let me know how you celebrate Single Awareness Day!
*And don’t forget the cookie dough and nutella so you can cope with your feelings the healthy way-by eating them.