I think it is time for some more recipes! As summer is approaching, I felt it was time for some fun and easy summer recipes, as the best thing to do to escape the heat is eat! In the summer I like to eat something cold (because of the heat obviously) and something sweet (not just a summer thing, more like an all-the-time craving).
Anyway, I have decided to share with you some of my favorite summer treats! They both are delicious and have very few ingredients and steps (and no actual cooking!) I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Home-made mini popsicles
-Your juice of choice (I like pink lemonade or orange juice, but any will do! You can even use a smoothie!)
-Ice-cube trays (or real popsicle makers if you’re not as cool)
-Toothpicks/mini popsicle sticks
1. Fill the tray most of the way full
2. Cover with foil, pressing down to outline each section (this should keep the toothpicks in place)
3. Stick toothpicks into each section (try to not let it hit they bottom of the try)
4. Wait until fully frozen (overnight should do it), remove foil and enjoy!
Ingredients/Supplies: makes about 25
-16 Oreos (crushed)
-4oz Cream Cheese
-about 6oz (its hard to say, just keep extra around to melt more if you run out) Chocolate to melt (I used Hershey’s Special Dark chips, but semi-sweet is most common)
-Food Processor (optional)
Try not to lick your fingers until you finished all the truffles, but it’s ok if you do…I won’t tell 🙂
1. Place wax paper on plate
2. Crush Oreos-best in a food processor, but I don’t have one of those, so I put them in a Ziploc bag and went to town! If you do this, I would recommend double bagging them and finding a jar or something to roll on the bag in order to finely crush the pieces. *You want pieces very small, like powder
3. Mix most of your Oreo crumbs and the cream cheese until blended. This is difficult and feels weird at first, but it gets better!
4. Roll into balls (I like them really because they’re really rich)
5. Dip in the melted chocolate. Try rolling the ball in the chocolate and getting it out with a fork or holding it on a fork and pouring chocolate over it with a spoon
6. Set on tray and sprinkle with remaining Oreo crumbs
7. Refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour)
What are your favorite summer recipes?
I hope you have a great summer and good luck beating the heat!